Drought is a complex challenge and poses financial, ecological and social risks to agriculture. This site is designed to streamline access to partners and other resources to build drought resilience.
- Livestock and forage grower # 1 | Drought planning from a Rancher’s perspective
- Livestock and forage grower # 2 | Strategic decision tools and rangeland management in drought
- Livestock and forage grower #3 | Weed Management in Drought & Nutritional Considerations in Drought
- Planning for drought
- Streamflow Forecasting with SNOTEL
- Long Range Stocking Rate Decision Tool – (17 minutes) Retta Bruegger CSU Extension Range Specialist discusses a 78-year stocking rate study, sharing a stocking rate decision tree for producers based on PDO, El Nino/La Nina, and local moisture.
Partners working with CSU Extension in developing our drought resources include Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, the Colorado Agriculture Water Alliance, the Colorado Department of Agriculture, CSU Agriculture Experiment Station, and the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
Contact a Drought Advisor
We are your resource. Our mission as drought advisors is to build short and long-term resilience to drought among Colorado producers. We assume producers are experts in their own operation. We work with individuals to identify risks posed by drought and strategies to cope, and connect producers with financial, educational and institutional resources.
Contact a Drought Advisor at email@example.com